About Me

My photo
The best part of living here are the wonderful friends I have!!!!

Thursday, September 6, 2012

What to do with leftovers?

When my hubbie and I go to El Jimador, we usually get the steak and chicken fajita for two (which would really serve 6), and have a lot of left-over fajita fixins.  So.......
We made fajita soup!!!!  We had the meat, onions, and green peppers from the fajitas, added a can of corn, a package of Knorr's Fiesta Sides Spanish Rice, a container of left-over home made black bean soup (that was in the freezer), and some spicy V-8 juice!  Garnished with tortilla chips, shredded cheese, and sour cream, it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO   GOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!

We have several containers in the freezer, for a quick, easy lunch!!  Okay, you can stop drooling now!!!

7 comments:

  1. Sure sounds delicious! Isn't it fun to create such a delicious new food item with the meal left-over fixins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was delicious!!!!!! That husband of mine can sure stir up good eatins!!

      Delete
  2. How clever. Joe just eats the leftovers a couple more times. You are right about the portions being so big. Makes it a good value. You are lucky to have a hubby who cooks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good eats!!!! But I did help with the cooking, besides taking the pictures and eating it, of course!!!

      Delete
    2. PS On my way to Wichita as soon as i get off this computer!!!!

      Delete
  3. I'm so relieved, Paula, I thought for a minute there YOU cooked ! ! !
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I helped!!!! But not to worry, he still does most of the cooking around here. Now to get him to dust and vacuum, I'd have it made!!!

      Delete