About Me

My photo
The best part of living here are the wonderful friends I have!!!!

Saturday, April 30, 2011

What does one do with placemats?








 You make them into knitting needle holders!!!
 The green works great for my dpn's.  The side pocket could hold scissors and other small accessories.  The blue "book" is made from 4 placemats (purchased at Dollar General), and folded and sewn into 12 pockets to hold circular needles.  If I make another   one, it will require a bit more thought for the pockets, but  it will work just fine for 20 inch circulars.  I googled knitting needle holders, and this was one of the solutions.  Of course, I put my own spin on it!!   My, my, what will I do next?...

2 comments:

  1. Great idea without the work of picking fabric, buying batt and quilting - and that's before you even begin to think about how you will go about making your project.
    The is a grand solution for keeping those pesky needles in tow.
    Hugs,
    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. These turned out great. It's good to be organized.

    ReplyDelete