About Me

My photo
The best part of living here are the wonderful friends I have!!!!

Monday, June 4, 2012

Purse update

Purses are done!!!  I-cords are done!! (My husband says I cheated because I used the I-cord knitting machine; but I would have been knitting 180 inches of I-cord until the next millenium).  I found a web site that explained the Chinese good luck knot; they are done. One leaf is finished; seven to go.  I  found I am going to have to make the leaves separately, then "graft" them on the end of the I-cord.  I tried what the directions say, but they were inside-out.
Stay tuned for the finished products!!!!

6 comments:

  1. You sound industrious, gal.
    I've not used the I-cord device
    it sounds FUN & PRACTICAL ! ! !

    Your version of the leaf directions sounds a bit backward. Glad you made them via mods of your own.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the neatest little machine!!! Only works on sport weight or lighter, according to directions. It was a bit difficult with the taupe yarn (i think a bit too stiff to be caught in the little hooks)

      Delete
  2. Now I'm really glad mine was given to me. I might not have had the patience to keep on truckin'. You will love it when it's finished. I'd like to hear the explanation of the Chinese love knot sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just google Chinese good luck knot. There is a you tube video, too.

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you have a good plan.
    Keep on knitting!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two more leaves and I'm done with the taupe purse (after I figure out how to graft them to the ends of the I-cord).

      Delete